Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer food ramblings


Hello people!


It is already Wednesday and I hope you are having a great and joyful day today! :")
I woke up in the greatest mood ever, I slept really nice and I had the most perfect breakfast with my man: homemade pannini bread with baked zucchini and mozzarella cheese, peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. Not to mention the sweet Belgium waffles with chocolate ice-cream that followed.
I was supposed to take a picture, but it was too tasty and I ate it all in a minute! My bad. You probably already guessed it, this post is going to be food related. With all the stress and lack of movement lately, I am really trying to eat more clean, fresh and less processed foods and less about calorie-counting. I love tasty dishes what can I do?

Lunch by lenival
My lunch box these weeks is a little bit more fruity lately :") 
So I wonder, what you prefer eating during the summer?

Whole-grain bread is my new favorite choice and although I tried several times some gluten-free goodies, it is just not my piece of cake. Other summer choices for me include: avocado mash-ups with eggs, white cheese with tomatoes and grill baked vegetables. Also I consume different seasonal fruits. Eating anything meat related is hard for me in the heat. I prefer switching to cottage cheese, yogurts and other dairy products. It works just fine for me as I usually work late shifts from 14 pm till 23 pm and my lunch break is more like dinner. 

Armenian Salad with baked Aubergines and Tomatoes, all in honey-basil pesto. 

Do you prefer leafy green salads or you are more on the "whole veggies" side?

I know that eating green leafy salads is good for my health, but I never feel completely satisfied and full after it. Give me beans, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, carrots and broccoli. Currently my latest preferences go for baked chickpeas with sour cream and fresh basil. Really tasty, easy and fast dish. 
What are your favorite dishes? Please share them with me. 

photos: me

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to tell me something, feel free to do it right now...